Chunky Rhubarb Applesauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 pound rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 pounds tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place rhubarb, apples and sugar to taste in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer until fruit is tender, about 40 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 58 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Apr 18, 2017
really7 a good change of pace from regular apple sauce. i used it in a an applesauce cake recipe and it was so good
Jan 23, 2012
This was so delicious! Hubby said it was the best applesauce ever. I used frozen rhubarb. Mine didn't come out nice and chunky like the picture, and I stopped cooking it after 30 minutes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.