- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts or 3/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in white chips, chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; spread over the bottom of pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 25-30 minutes or until top begins to crack and is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forChunky Blond Brownies
"I made these and took them to work. They were a big hit. They were very sweet, but everyone seemed to love them."
"Yummy!! Fixed these for dessert for friends. They were awesome!!!"
"This has become my "not lot's of chocolate" go to. Hubby really likes them.I sometimes leave out the white chips, or substitute another type. Mint was surprisingly tasty."
"These were fabulous. I used roasted almonds and milk chocolate toffee bits, as that's what I had ion hand. Took them to work and they were gone within minutes."
"I made these for my husband. He declared them 'very good'. I have also made them with 2 cups of vanilla chips instead of the chocolate chunks."
"Can u make in mini muffin cups"
"Macadamia nuts really makes this recipe top notch.What a delectable treat.Yum !!![email protected]"
"These are really great. I made them as written the first time, and had to sub butterscotch chips the second because it's what we had. Thanks for sharing! :)"