- 1-1/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 16 ounces fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- 1 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix cracker crumbs and butter; press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; remove from heat.
- Hull strawberries if necessary; puree in a food processor. Remove to a bowl. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese and sugar substitute to food processor; process until smooth. While processing, gradually add gelatin mixture. Add pureed strawberries; process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl; fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust. Refrigerate, covered, until set, 2-3 hours.
- Loosen sides of cheesecake with a knife; remove rim. To serve, top with chocolate topping, remaining whipped topping and quartered strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Topped Strawberry Cheesecake
"Can you use 3/4 of real sugar with this recipe????"
"Question: How many strawberries do I put in the food processer? All 12, than have extra strawberries for garnish? Thank you! It looks beautiful, can't wait to try it :)"
"I made this strawberry cheesecake and it was for a friends birthday. he said he did not want to cut it couse they would eat it. I told him I would make him an other one. he said OK. I THINK IT WOULD BE A 10 STAR."
"This cheesecake is light and fluffy absolutely delicious"
"This was excellent, I and the family loved it."
"Loved this recipe."
"iwant arecape for cholatecheespie"