These luscious cupcakes have a touch of semisweet chocolate in the batter and white chocolate in the filling. They melt away fast at our house. —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white baking chips, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Grated semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat first four ingredients until blended; gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Fold in marshmallow creme. Refrigerate, covered, while preparing cupcakes.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding pie spice and ginger before mixing. Stir in melted chocolate.
- Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-1/2-in. circle, 1 in. deep, in top of each cupcake. Carefully remove cut portion and reserve. Fill each with about 2 tablespoons filling; sprinkle with grated chocolate. Replace tops, pressing down lightly. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Gingerbread Cupcakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p69
Reviews forChocolate Gingerbread Cupcakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review