Chocolate Almond Fondue
Angela Hutton shares a melt-in-your-mouth dip for fresh fruit and cake. “Since fondue has become popular again, I’ve had fun searching out recipes that are fast and especially delicious,” she writes from Kapolei, Hawaii. “This one’s a favorite and always a hit at get-togethers.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 4 cups
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (4.4 ounces each), broken into small pieces
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons amaretto or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Assorted fresh fruit and cubed pound cake
- In a heavy saucepan, heat cream over low heat until warmed. Add the chocolate, marshmallow creme and white chocolate; cook and stir until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and amaretto. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with fruit and cake cubes.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without dippers): 180 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Almond Fondue in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006