- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 6 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in canola oil for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas, preserves, water, garlic, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, ginger and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 serving.
Reviews forChicken Apricot Stir-Fry
"This was okay, but I probably won't make it again. I used corn starch to thicken the liquid. I also added some rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes. It just seemed to need something to take it to the next level."
"This was a nice, quick meal. It wasn't too sweet. I would personally put the peas in 2-3 minutes later so they stay a little more crisp-tender and don't get overcooked and would use perhaps half to three quarters of the water to make it a little thicker or put in a little cornstarch mixed with water to thicken it just because I like my sauces a little thicker. We threw sliced almonds on top, which went very nicely!"
"Very easy and super tasty! The only "complaint" is that the sauce was too thin; next time I will probably omit the water but may try adding a thinkener instead."