Cherry Chocolate Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 303 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 27, 2015
A great recipe! The only substitution I made was utilize the dried cherries i had on hand in place of the maraschino cherries listed and incorporated it into the batter. A definate keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.