- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in the whipped cream. Spread over each cake. Top with pie filling. Chill 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Reviews forCherry-Cheese Cake
"I've been making this recipe since it first appeared in TOH. It was an instant hit with family and friends. My middle son always asks for it for his birthday. We refer to this as "Cameron's birthday cake", when anyone wants me to make it!ToniGommy of 5"
"I have made this for years. I use fresh strawberries and/or blueberries."
"My husband will eat a whole pan of this by himself. He is not willing to share with anyone."
"the best chhese cake ever!!"
"easy to make and tastes great!"