- 1 package (18-3/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20 minute or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in the whipped cream. Spread over each cake. Top with pie filling. Chill 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Reviews forCherry-Cheese Cake
"I've been making this recipe since it first appeared in TOH. It was an instant hit with family and friends. My middle son always asks for it for his birthday. We refer to this as "Cameron's birthday cake", when anyone wants me to make it!ToniGommy of 5"
"I have made this for years. I use fresh strawberries and/or blueberries."
"My husband will eat a whole pan of this by himself. He is not willing to share with anyone."
"the best chhese cake ever!!"
"easy to make and tastes great!"