Cheesy Tuna Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tuna, soup, milk, garlic salt, oregano and pepper until combined. Spread 3/4 cupful into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Layer with three noodles (trimming if necessary), 3/4 cup tuna mixture, half of the cottage cheese and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, tuna mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 361 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Sep 23, 2013
My son (age 21) and I love this recipe. Very flexible, depending on what's in the pantry! I have prepared this dish numerous times and had excellent results using canned Alfredo sauce, and a popular name brand Basil and Parmesan recipe starter sauce (reduce or omit oregano). I always use oven-ready noodles (convenience)! Just one tip: add tuna to sauce AFTER spreading 3/4 c. sauce in the bottom of the pan so the noodles will lie flat. Delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Mar 20, 2013
The lasagna was a nice change of pace. Family enjoyed it. I felt it tasted better the next day after flavors had a chance to meld.
Jan 30, 2013
Big hit with the family, especially my five year old daughter!
Dec 1, 2011
I doubled the recipe using a can of mushroom soup with a can of cream of celery soup. I sauted a cup or more of chopped celery along with the onion. It smelled great cooking and my family all enjoyed it. I'll make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.