Cheesy Tuna Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 8 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tuna, soup, milk, garlic salt, oregano and pepper until combined. Spread 3/4 cupful into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Layer with 3 noodles (trimming if necessary), 3/4 cup tuna mixture, half of the cottage cheese and a third of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, tuna mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 361 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Sep 23, 2013
My son (age 21) and I love this recipe. Very flexible, depending on what's in the pantry! I have prepared this dish numerous times and had excellent results using canned Alfredo sauce, and a popular name brand Basil and Parmesan recipe starter sauce (reduce or omit oregano). I always use oven-ready noodles (convenience)! Just one tip: add tuna to sauce AFTER spreading 3/4 c. sauce in the bottom of the pan so the noodles will lie flat. Delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Mar 20, 2013
The lasagna was a nice change of pace. Family enjoyed it. I felt it tasted better the next day after flavors had a chance to meld.
Jan 30, 2013
Big hit with the family, especially my five year old daughter!
Dec 1, 2011
I doubled the recipe using a can of mushroom soup with a can of cream of celery soup. I sauted a cup or more of chopped celery along with the onion. It smelled great cooking and my family all enjoyed it. I'll make this again.