Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
This cookie's always been a favorite with my kids, and a best-seller at bake sales. If you want to gild the lily, you can add toasted chopped walnuts or pecans to the frosting. —Linda Ross, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups granola with fruit and nuts
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in carrots, granola and cornflakes.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cookies are set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, cinnamon and remaining butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread frosting on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
Originally published as Crunchy Carrot Cake Cookies in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.