Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups granola with fruit and nuts
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream 1 cup butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in carrots, granola and cornflakes.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cookies are set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, cinnamon and remaining butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread frosting on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 13, 2020
I normally don't write reviews; however, I wanted to do this recipe justice. I would have given it 5 but since I added my own spices, I can't say what it will taste without it. It was a great recipe and easy to follow. I added some cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and I used apple blueberry granola (natures made). I did not have vanilla extract so I used vanilla essence and I added bitters (angostura about 3 dashes) It was delicious. Furthermore I added orange zest to the mixture and the filling. I grated the carrots smaller so I used only 1 1/2 cups. The texture was great and it was crunchy. Great recipe and I would recommend it.