Carrot Cookie Bites
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the oats, carrots, and pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until lightly browned, 6-8 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Freeze option: Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Freeze until firm. Transfer cookie dough balls to resealable plastic freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. To bake, place frozen dough 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 50 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 24mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 25, 2017
I make a ton of cookies, but these didn't make the cut. We ate a few of them, but threw out most of the batch. I tossed the recipe as well. Sorry.
Jun 30, 2013
I added raisins. I felt they were good and will try again but will add more carrots, spices and nuts
Dec 11, 2012
These cookies were very dry and tasteless. I will not be making them again. I only made 1 batch and had to toss the rest out! Ick!
Sep 12, 2011
These are so good!! I replaced the nuts for equal amount of raisins and they turned out great. I had an idea of drizzling them with cream cheese glaze, but then I wondered why should I mess with a good thing?
Apr 28, 2010
Great recipe! I would make small changes for my own personal tastes, but I think we all do that with recipes lol Thank you for posting it!! This one is going in the recipe holder! :)
Apr 1, 2010
I am allergic to pecans, so I replaced them with chopped raisins, and then topped the whole thing with cream cheese frosting (I cheated and used canned frosting). They were the hit of the bake sale!
Feb 17, 2010
Carrot cookie bites are really fun to make and so very easy. My family absolutely loves them and we make them every chance we get, which is very often. They're delicious and just plain fun to eat. This recipe is a keeper, for sure.