Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of cups.
- In a small bowl, mix filling ingredients; spoon into cups. Bake 15-20 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
- For frosting, beat confectioners' sugar, shortening, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Remove cups from pans. Top with frosting. If desired, sprinkle with walnuts and additional coconut.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 11, 2010
I made this cookie for my wedding, which was a beach themed wedding. Everyone loved this cookie and it fit so perfectly with our theme. I also took in samples before the wedding to my work, where everyone crazed over this cookie. This cookie, I made months before the wedding and it froze very well. I would definitely make this cookie again.