- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forBlueberry Loaf Cake
"Very good, I am not much of a baker and this turned out perfect. I added fresh raspberries as well as the blueberries. I have an allergy to cinnamon so I just used brown sugar on top and it came out perfect! Much better eaten hot, my boyfriend love it!"
"added a pinch of salt, melted and cooled butter and added 1/4 c flour"
"Love Love love this. Was easy to make and was so good I made another one the next day"
"this was a big hit at my home, the topping make it a extra hit"
"Delicious. Very moist and easy to make. Just the right amount of sweetness."
"I found this to be very easy to make and great tasting. My only addition to the recipe was a 1/4 teaspoon of salt. That's just something passed down from my mom. I love this and it gets great reviews. Making my second loaf in a week!"
"followed recipe except I added 1/2 cup more blueberries only because I love a lot of berries in my recipes - Came out perfect everyone loved it ! Thank U"
"Made this the other day and was very disappointed. It tastes like there is something missing from the recipe. The only thing that gives this a two star rating is the fact that it is very moist. My hubby said it was "OK" and I think he was just being nice. I found several recipes that I liked better online but the ingredients were in metric and I was afraid to try converting them. After making this I wish I had tried one of those other recipes."
"I first tried this recipe for a 4th of July party about 5 years ago. It turned out so well that I make it at least twice during the summer, for church bake sales, and for my father-in-law who requests it very often!"
"Delicious! Very moist and tasteful cake. My family loved this recipe. I will be keeping this one for sure ."