- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 cups frozen cottage (waffle) fries
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt. In a small bowl, combine cheese sauce and milk until blended.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cottage fries and half of the onions. Layer with broccoli and pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining onions. Bake until a thermometer reads 160°, 10 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Chops and Cottage Fries
"This is a favorite in my house. A stick to your ribs meal. Even my picky 13 year old requests this dish! I double the cheese sauce and milk. Turns the dish into a gooey cheesy wonder. NOrmally bakes for an hour or more. Wait for sauce to start bubbling before removing from oven. Boneless chops work fine too. Just make sure they are cooked thoroughly in pan prior to putting into baking dish. The french fried onion rings are a MUST!! Not an option! Adds tremendously to flavor!"
"Fries got soggy even though I put them only on top - will not make again."
"This turned out really well. It was even kind of pretty when it came out of the oven. Flavors were good. I couldn't find cottage fries, so I used natural cut potato fries instead. I'll definitely make it again."
"Only ok. I did make slight changes, used boneless ribs & mini tater tots, but rest was the same. Not gonna do it again."
"this was yummy."