Asian Cherry Shrimp
Combing the classic flavors of sweet and sour, you'll love this simple, quick recipe, from Jane Baker of Lansing, Michigan. The tart, juicy cherries are an excellent addition to this traditional meal
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine pie filling, vinegar, brown sugar and ginger. Cook over medium heat until filling is hot and bubbly. Add the green pepper, water chestnuts and shrimp. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes longer or until shrimp are heated through (do not over cook). Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 488 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Sweet and Sour Shrimp in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008
Mar 21, 2011
This is delicious. It is easy to make and very tasty. It makes just enough for two meals. The left overs the next night were even better than the same day dish. I plan on sharing this recipe with many friends.