- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in confectioners' sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Add lemon zest.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in extract. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the peaches, cream and almonds. Press waxed paper onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.
1/2 cup: 132 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.