Alligator Cookie Pops
These cookie pops are downright adorable. They might look exotic, but they use everyday ingredients. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + standing
- 12 circus peanut candies
- 14 lollipop sticks
- 1 package (14 ounces) green Wilton candy melts
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 24 semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Cut a slit in each circus peanut, forming a mouth. Using two lollipop sticks, prop mouths open. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt candy melts; stir until smooth. Twist apart cookies. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into melted coating and place on a cookie half; replace cookie top. Repeat. Place pops on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, dip a circus peanut in coating and allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining circus peanuts; let stand until set.
- Reheat candy melts if necessary; dip a cookie pop in coating and allow excess to drip off. Insert stick into a styrofoam block to stand. While wet, position a coated circus peanut on the cookie for a head. Repeat.
- For eyes, attach a miniature chocolate chip to each chocolate chip using melted white chips. Attach to head using melted chocolate. Using remaining melted chocolate, pipe nostrils onto faces; pipe teeth with melted white chips. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie pop: 326 calories, 16g fat (12g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.