Zucchini Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 pounds zucchini, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 24 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute peppers and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, chili powder, sugar, marjoram, basil, cumin, salt, cayenne and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard bay leaf.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 1/3 cup zucchini down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon olives. Roll up and place seam side down in two 13x9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Enchiladas
Sort By :
"Absolutely delicious, my picky husband loved it too. Will make again and again. Pretty much followed recipe, just cut it in half for the two of us and used regular cheese not low fat but sure either one would be fine. Lovely way to use up excess zucchini!"
"These I was skeptical when making them, but the sauce smelled delicious! I did add a diced jalapeno to the pepper/onion mixture, doubled the garlic and used some fresh diced tomatoes that I didn't have time to can...Also added some ground cooked sausage I had in the freezer."
"My 11 year old and 10 year old loved these! Seemed like an unusual combination at first, but once eating them we can't get enough. They ask for them at least once a week now."
"Good and will make again."
"This was really good and healthy. I will try adding ground beef or shredded chicken and a little jalapenos next time since my husband likes meat with dinner. The sauce was delicious , I am trying to think what else I could put it on."