- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 small tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini and egg substitute. Stir in flour and salt. Spread onto the bottom of a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Sprinkle with the mozzarella, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, oregano, basil and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until onion is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Zucchini Crust Pizza
Sort By :
After reading comments, I decided to grease and put corn meal on my pan. Came out quite nicely. Added black olives and fresh mushrooms. (And mozzarella cheese :-). Tasty way to use zucchini ! Also drained the shredded zucchini of some of it's moisture.
Although easy to prepare and tasty, and it looked pretty in the pan, it was impossible to get out of the pan in any form that resembled a piece of pizza (yes, I sprayed it first).
I didn't give up on this recipe. I made it again in a different pan with success.
I also substituted fine corn meal for the flour, since I am sensitive to flour. It worked fabulously and actually I liked the taste much better.
I replaced the all-purpose flour with 2tbs of chia seeds, with pleasing results. After spreading the zucchini in the bottom of the pan, I fixed the rest of the ingredients to give the chia seeds time to soften a little. It was the first time that I have used them in place of flour and I think it turned out great for a first-time trial recipe. ( Have used them in oatmeal!)
I also add some Italian turkey sausage
I made this last night and it was really good. i added fresh basil leaves and turkey pepperoni. The crust is a little eggy, almost like a giant pizza fritata. But the flavor was excellent! And yet another use for all my zucchini :)