- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and chocolate. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Chill and reroll scraps if desired.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Zimtsterne
Sort By :
"Can anyone please verify that the 1/3 cup of cinnamon is correct?"
"is the 1/3 cup cinnamon correct?"
"Perfect Chocolate Cinnamon flavor!"
"These cookies are excellent! They have such a wonderful flavor. I've made them for Christmas before, and I'll definitely make them again for this Christmas!"