Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 medium Gala or Fuji apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sweet red wine or grape juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Matzo crackers, optional
- In a large bowl, toss apples and walnuts with wine. Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour before serving. If desired, serve with matzo crackers.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without matzo crackers): 116 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 28, 2016
May 1, 2015
I prepared Charoset for a light lunch with Pea and Pepper Salad on page 50.It was delicious. I made it with sliced peaches. Thanks, Gloria, for sharing this recipe.