- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (Do not drain.) Mash potatoes in liquid until almost smooth. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Potato Soup in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p9
Reviews for Zesty Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2009
"Made this one night when I wanted a comfort food in a hurry - and it was great! My office-mates rating of 1-10 - they gave it an 11."
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2007