Zesty Garbanzo Sausage Soup
Even the busiest home cooks will have time to prepare this Cajun-inspired soup. If your family prefers spicier flavors, use medium salsa instead of mild.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
Makes7 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen okra
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender, 6-8 hours. Stir in kielbasa. Cover and cook until heated through, about 30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 370 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1514mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 6g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Nutricious Garbanzo Bean Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.