- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen okra
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in kielbasa. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Garbanzo Sausage Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2012, p73
Reviews for Zesty Garbanzo Sausage Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review