Zesty Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zesty Beef Stew(3)
Sort By :
Sorry, tried it twice. Really wanted it to work. Maybe I went too cheap on the beef? We genuinely enjoyed the barley.
I did add two tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar to this and other than that, I thought it was the best beef stew that I've had.
This is amazing!!!! AWESOME!!!! I would rate it higher if I could!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >