- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (2.1 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 3 egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water and egg whites. Beat on low speed for 1 minute; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, place milk and extract in a large bowl. Sprinkle with a third of the pudding mix; let stand for 1 minute. Whisk pudding into milk. Repeat twice with remaining pudding mix. Whisk pudding 2 minutes longer. Let stand for 15 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Frost cake. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Yummy Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
The cake is good and bakes up well (and I made cupcakes instead of a pan cake). However, the frosting ended up a soupy mess, even though I followed the instructions exactly and used low-fat frozen whipped topping, not fat-free. I cannot figure out how anyone could get frosting from these directions/ingredients. Because I made these for my husband's birthday, I had to use store-bought frosting (the sugary, unhealthy kind) which sort of defeats the whole purpose of this recipe. I will be looking for another frosting recipe to use with this cake.
I made this for company and everyone loved it. The cake comes out very moist and the frosting perfect. I love light desserts that taste good and this one is just that! Not too heavy, not too rich, just right!
This was a WONDERFUL CAKE! All who ate it loved it. Thanks La Donna for the great recipe.
I made this cake but not the frosting, I didnt eat thea ctual cake yet but it came out fantastic, the batter was delicious and its super easy to make. Plus no oil or egg yolks.
I used full fat pudding mix and 2% milk, but OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE I'VE EVER HAD!! Everyone in my family had a piece (and my kids are very picky) and they all LOVED it!! I am adding this to my list of permanent recipes. Thank you Taste of Home!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Frosting Recipes >
- Chocolate Icing Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Frosting Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >