Crispy on the outside, these eye-catching cherry-topped cookies are chewy and tender on the inside. They're a great hit whenever I take them to holiday parties or cookie exchanges!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup crushed crisp rice cereal
- 15 red and/or green maraschino cherries, halved and patted dry
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar. Beat in almond extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in crushed cereal. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a cherry half into the center of each cookie. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Yuletide Cherry Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p42
Reviews for Yuletide Cherry Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review