Winning Apricot Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 jar (10 to 12 ounces) apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add egg; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in coconut and walnuts.
- Press two-thirds of dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Spread with preserves; crumble remaining dough over preserves. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Winning Apricot Bars(4)
Sort By :
Nice reward for very little effort. I will definitely make again and experiment with other jams/preserves. I suspect apricot will remain the favorite, though.
I used standard shredded coconut (not flaked) and it worked fine. It added a nice bit of texture. Might try toasting it next time just for kicks.
As-is, though, this is a great recipe for those desperation times when you realize you have to bake something for your kid's class the following day...you're already going to have all of this in your pantry and the baking time is short!
loved the bars. Would make again.
These are wonderful! This is my go-to recipe for potlucks. Everybody loves them! I use pecans instead of walnuts. You can use your favorite jam and still come out with the same tasty results.
This recipe is easy and great for anyone that really likes apricots. My husband is a big fan. You can also use any flavor preserves.
More Recipe Collections
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >