- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- PRALINE ICING:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in 1 egg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat oil with remaining sugar and eggs until well blended. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into oil mixture until blended. Stir in apples, carrots and pecans.
- Transfer half of the apple batter to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan; layer with cream cheese mixture and remaining apple batter.
- Bake at for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a large saucepan, bring the brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for William Tell's Never-Miss Apple Cake
Sort By :
everyone went nuts over this cake! daughter-in-law said i should bake & sell them. after making lots of apple cakes, i knew to bake it for 1 hour - it was perfect! you must make this, you won't be sorry you did.
Wow, this cake was amazing! Delicious flavor and beautiful texture. I changed the milk in the frosting For apple cider.
I am not a cake maker and this turned out excellent!! Served it at a church function and everyone really enjoyed it. Loved the mixture of apples and carrots, so very moist.
This was an excellent tasting cake. I agree with the muldane/ordinary look: that is the trouble with bundt cakes. By adding toasted, largely-chopped pecans helps the look. You really can't beat a fall day, cup of cider or coffee with this cake. I applaud the originator!!
this cake was amazing i have been asked to make this cake for so many events .