- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries or 1 can (15 ounces) water-packed wild blueberries, well drained
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forWild Blueberry Muffins
"I found this receipe several years ago on this site. My family love it and my kids beg each year for me to make it when our blueberries get ripe. I have also substituted with cramberries. This is a family requested receipe every year!"
"I was afraid if I used all the streusel topping that the muffins would be too sweet, so I used maybe half of it. It was just perfect for my taste. I loved that they were so light and fluffy, not too sweet, and we could taste the blueberries as well. Excellent recipe - I'm freezing some to have home made goodies on hand when friends drop in. They go great with milk or coffee!"
"Mine turned out very cakey"
"Very dry mixture I thought maybe too much flour. Fine after they baked and the topping made them better. I think I will stick to my Mother's recipe"
"Texture was a little dry and they were not sweet at all. I prefer my muffins a little sweeter as we somtimes have them as a dessert. Will probably not make again."
"Very good. Made these for a sunday morning breakfast and I have to agree that they are just right when it comes it sweetness. Just make sure you add the streusel topping. That's what really makes it good. :) I made them with fresh blueberries and they were just wonderful."
"Really good muffins. Everyone loved them. Not too sweet, a great breakfast muffin."
"Too bland! I won't be saving this recipe."
"Excellent recipe. Not too sweet. Just enough blueberries. Wonderful texture and crumb. Streusel topping was the perfect topping. Picky husband ate one before they were cool, went back for seconds and even said they were good. (High praise from one who generally says everything is O.K.) I already plan to bake more for visiting company."
"These are excellent! I plan to made another few batches and freeze them for after our baby's arrival!"