- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries or 1 can (15 ounces) water-packed wild blueberries, well drained
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Wild Blueberry Muffins
"I found this receipe several years ago on this site. My family love it and my kids beg each year for me to make it when our blueberries get ripe. I have also substituted with cramberries. This is a family requested receipe every year!"
"I was afraid if I used all the streusel topping that the muffins would be too sweet, so I used maybe half of it. It was just perfect for my taste. I loved that they were so light and fluffy, not too sweet, and we could taste the blueberries as well. Excellent recipe - I'm freezing some to have home made goodies on hand when friends drop in. They go great with milk or coffee!"
"Mine turned out very cakey"
"Very dry mixture I thought maybe too much flour. Fine after they baked and the topping made them better. I think I will stick to my Mother's recipe"
"Texture was a little dry and they were not sweet at all. I prefer my muffins a little sweeter as we somtimes have them as a dessert. Will probably not make again."