Wild Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen wild blueberries or 1 can (15 ounces) water-packed wild blueberries, well drained
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Wild Blueberry Muffins(11)
Sort By :
I found this receipe several years ago on this site. My family love it and my kids beg each year for me to make it when our blueberries get ripe. I have also substituted with cramberries. This is a family requested receipe every year!
I was afraid if I used all the streusel topping that the muffins would be too sweet, so I used maybe half of it. It was just perfect for my taste. I loved that they were so light and fluffy, not too sweet, and we could taste the blueberries as well. Excellent recipe - I'm freezing some to have home made goodies on hand when friends drop in. They go great with milk or coffee!
Mine turned out very cakey
Very dry mixture I thought maybe too much flour. Fine after they baked and the topping made them better. I think I will stick to my Mother's recipe
Texture was a little dry and they were not sweet at all. I prefer my muffins a little sweeter as we somtimes have them as a dessert. Will probably not make again.