To make this chili a day ahead, cool, cover and chill after removing from the heat. The next day, reheat over low heat; add the sour cream, half-and-half and cilantro just before serving.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white hominy, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the hominy, beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, half-and-half and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as White Chili with Hominy in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p9
Reviews for White Chili with Hominy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review