Veggie Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked lean ham
- 8 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with a cooking spray, cook onion and celery over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in the potatoes, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in condensed soup until blended.
- Reduce heat; add vegetables and ham. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Veggie Cheese Soup(49)
Sort By :
So, so good!
Super good and easy! I sauteed garlic with the onions and celery and added more potatoes , ham and veggies than called for. served with garlic bread, We loved it
I forgot to give it my 5 stars :)
After reading so many reviews about it being a little bland I decided to add a can of mild Rotel which has lots of flavor but almost no heat. I also added some fresh zucchini and bite size chicken cubs. I boiled my own chicken and use the broth from that instead of the bouillion granules. Since I used a onion when cooking my chicken/broth I only used half a onion in the soup. I think the changes I made added a lot of flavor and I will be making this again. My husband and daughter are not soup eaters but my mom and I loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Soup >
- Cheese Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Ham Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >