Veggie Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked lean ham
- 8 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large nonstick saucepan coated with a cooking spray, cook onion and celery over medium heat until onion is tender. Stir in the potatoes, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Return to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in condensed soup until blended.
- Reduce heat; add vegetables and ham. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Cheese Soup in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p41
Reviews for Veggie Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2014
We didn't like this at all. The verges were mushy & it lacked flavor.
Reviewed May. 23, 2014
Finally some good Veg Soup
Reviewed May. 15, 2014
Amazing!!! My family, including my kids both under the age of 3, gobbled it up.
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2014
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2013
So, so good!