I like to serve this for breakfast when we have overnight guests or for a holiday brunch. It gives Florida visitors a taste of sunshine! —Barbara Carlucci, Orange Park, Florida
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Place butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar, pecans, orange peel and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Arrange bread in dish. Dot with cream cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, orange liqueur if desired and butter flavoring; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. To serve, invert slices onto plates. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Upside-Down Orange French Toast in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p77
Reviews for Upside-Down Orange French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review