- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; add batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ultimate Chocolate Cake
Sort By :
"This is now our favorite cake. Very moist and very easy to make."
"This cake has become my families favorite. Moist and chocolatey, easy and quick to prepare. I use five whole eggs instead. After cooling, I sprinkle it lightly with powdered sugar to make it eye appealing as well as taste appealing."
"Sorry to be a spoilsport but this cake was very disappointing. I was looking for an enhanced boxcake recipe that was fit for company, I was extreemly disappointed and embarassed. It was dry and slightly chocolately....made as written. If I realized it was a healthy diet cake I would've gone with butter or oil instead of applesauce and added lots more chocolate. If you are watching your fat and sugar and don't care for a dry cake this is it!!!"
"Very moist. I took it to work and it was all gone by noon."
"Simply the best chocolate cake we've ever had, including expensive cakes from the best bakery in town! I didn't use sugar-free anything, and I did use 4 eggs (instead of 2 plus the egg substitute). I drizzled a chocolate glaze on top and served it with black raspberry/chocolate chunk ice cream. Nirvana!!!"