Turkey Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, celery and onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in flour until blended; cook until bubbly. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for Turkey Wild Rice Soup(14)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious. I added a cup of chopped dried shiitake mushrooms. Would definitely make again!
Oh wow! This is an easy soup that tastes wonderful, plus you can use your turkey leftovers. My family is already asking for it again!
Quick, easy and very delicious. One of my favorite fall and winter soups.
Very good and comforting! I made a few minor changes. I used chicken instead of turkey, and I also add 1-2 tsp of fresh basil to add additional flavor. Will make again!
This soup is excellant and very easy to make. My whole family liked it, even my picky 9 yr old.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Soup Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Soup Recipes >