My family was hesitant to try these burgers when I first prepared them. They were so accustomed to the typical beef burger. But any skepticism they had disappeared after one bite.—
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 pouch (6.4 ounces) light tuna in water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves and sliced tomato, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; fold in tuna. Shape into four patties.
- Melt butter in a skillet; cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuna Burgers in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p59
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tuna Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review