- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil and buttermilk. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla, carrots, raisins, pineapple, walnuts and coconut; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- For frosting, beat all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Tropical Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"excellent cake! love, love loved it"
"Made this carrot cake. Everyone loved it . Neighbors asked for more and asked if they could have some when I made it again."
"I made 2 of these for a golf cookout dessert. Everyone was blown away, and were WOWED by their taste buds. My picky husband said it was the best cake ever. Many came back for seconds. Thank you for a great recipe and for making me look good!!"
"I was a disaster. Ended up in a bin."
"Judy from PAI have made carrot cake with pineapple for a long time, but this one takes the prize."