Tropical Carrot Cake
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped California Walnuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil and buttermilk. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla, carrots, raisins, pineapple, walnuts and coconut; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool.
- 2. For frosting, beat all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Frost cake.
Feb 8, 2020This cake is soooo d. elicious !!! It is so moist !! The only change I made was I used 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce instead of the 3/4 cup canola oil. I will definitely make this again !
Apr 7, 2019Great recipe. I’ve made this a number of times and it’s very moist and flavorful.
Jan 14, 2019I followed the recipe except didn't use coconut as we don't like it. Came out really good!
Dec 15, 2018I love carrot cake ever since i was a little girl grandma would make me one when i seen this recipe i had to try it! wow!! its amazing!!
Jun 18, 2018
My favorite carrot cake recipe. Been making it since it was introduced to TH in '93/'94.
Aug 31, 2017
Wonderful cake but very sweet. Will definitely make again but will cut the sugar back to 1 1/2 cups.
Apr 8, 2017
Took this to a friend for dessert and everyone loved it!!
Dec 31, 1969
I only have non fat milk in my house, will it be that much different?
Jun 3, 2016
Feb 21, 2016
This exact recipe has been passed down in my family for 4 generations. It is an excellent cake.