Touchdown Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons hot water
- 3 to 4 teaspoons baking cocoa
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a football-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough hot water to achieve spreading consistency; beat until smooth. Place 3 tablespoons glaze in a small bowl; set aside.
- Add cocoa to remaining glaze; stir until smooth. Spread brown glaze over cookies. Pipe white glaze onto cookies to form football laces. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Touchdown Cookies(10)
Sort By :
These cookies are so good! We just love them. They taste like a chocolate glazed donut. Yummy.
These cookies was positively a touchdown! My daughter took these to a Superbowl party, and they were wiped out. We will be making these for future game.
The recipe seems really simple. I will try these sometime.
I made these for my hospital units fall meeting and they got rave reviews. I know it comes from an old issue but I collect all old TOH magazines I can find. I love the ones from the early years and love this website.
We really liked these alot. Will definitely make again.