Tomato Corn Salad Recipe
Wendy Ann Wood of Portland, Oregon has a remedy for the same old lettuce salad blues—red vine-ripe tomatoes mixed with white and yellow corn. "This salad is great for backyard barbecues, especially when there's a harvest of fresh corn in your garden. Or use frozen corn for other occasions year-round," she suggests.
- 2-1/4 cups cooked fresh or frozen white corn, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups cooked fresh or frozen yellow corn, thawed
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a bowl, combine the corn, cucumber, tomatoes and onion. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Corn Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p11
Reviews for Tomato Corn Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2009
"Salads in our home disappear very quickly and this one disappeared so fast, it was amazing. It will definitely be made for our family again."