Tomato Bacon Cups Recipe
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, mayonnaise, bacon, cheese, onion and basil; set aside. Split each biscuit into three layers; press each layer into an ungreased miniature muffin cup.
- Spoon tomato mixture into cups. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Tomato Bacon Cups
Sort By :
I made these for our New Years Party and they flew off the plate! Delicious!!
These were good, and certainly easy enough to make. I used the four-pack of Great Value brand biscuits, which are smaller. So I cut each biscuit in half for each muffin. Recipe ended up making 60 mini muffin size - more than I expected. Next time, I will spray the mini-muffin pan - the first batch were very hard to get out, due to the mayo running over and going between the pan and dough, and then sort of burning them together, despite it being a non-stick pan. Once I got them out, the biscuits themselves weren't actually burnt. The 2nd and 3rd batch were fine because by then the biscuits had released enough of the oil contained in them to grease the pan. These were good, but no matter what brand of canned biscuit you use, they ALL have that weird aftertaste. Using canned biscuits is a quick and easy way to make them, but I think in the future if I am making them to take somewhere (which is what I did yesterday), I will make my own buttermilk biscuit dough from scratch - not like it takes that long to mix the dough - rolling won't be necessary, just pinch off a piece and flatten by hand to put into muffin cup.
My family loved these, when I blinked they were gone. Next time I will make more than 2 dozen.
They were very good... will make again. Used crescent roll mix instead of buttermilk biscuits.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >