Three-Fruit Marmalade Recipe
I make all my own jams, and this marmalade is a favorite. It marries the warm flavors of peaches and pears with citrus.Lorraine Wright, Grand Forks, British Columbia
- 1 medium orange
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pears
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Finely grate peel from orange; peel and section the fruit. Place peel and sections in a Dutch oven. Add peaches and pears. Stir in pectin. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; bring to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- Ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 8 half-pints.
Originally published as Three-Fruit Marmalade in Country Woman August/September 2011, p48
Reviews for Three-Fruit Marmalade(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review