Three-Fruit Dump Cake
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced pears, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into 1/8-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, pears and peaches; spoon into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix; dot with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 313 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 15, 2015
Although I haven't made this yet, it is very similar to one I made when a kid. I used canned cherry pie filling only, and one stick of butter MELTED, and drizzled over the dry cake mix. That helped it mix with the mix. I also put mine in a 9x13 cake pan. It was great then, and I look forward to trying this with the 3 fruits. Thank you for reminding me of my past endeavors!
Nov 22, 2014
This was so easy to make and quite tasty. After reading the reviews I did use more butter-1/ cup and it worked out perfectly. I also added about 1/2 tsp cinnamon to my filling. The combination of fruits is delicious. Served warm with a dollop of ice cream or whip cream and you have a winner.
Nov 4, 2011
I wonder if you are supposed to combine the cake mix and the butter? I had a places where the cake mix was still mix and didn't bake at all. I used fresh pears, dried cranberries and apple pie filling, haven't tried it yet though!
Sep 15, 2011
I haven't tried this recipe, I have a question about the size of the baking pan that has been suggested. Could it possibly be on a 8-in square pan? I don't think all the ingredients will fit into that small pan.
Apr 19, 2011
This is the best "Dump" cake I've made yet. Quick & easy. I've never tried a combinations of fruit fillings before but this was super moist and delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.