- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 32 large marshmallows, halved
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups chopped pecans, toasted
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a heavy large saucepan, combine sugars, milk and cubed butter. Bring to a rapid boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows and vanilla until blended.
- Gradually stir in chocolate chips and chopped chocolate until melted. Fold in pecans. Immediately spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Remove foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container. Yield: about 5-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Three-Chocolate Fudge
Sort By :
"Nearly exact recipe I have for a 1/8 recipe of Fanny Mae Fudge right down to 32 marshmallows! Great fudge!"
"The best fudge I have ever tasted! Smooth & creamy texture; melts in your mouth. I have several people who asks for more. I am now known as the "Fudge Lady"!!! Thanks. ???"
"This is a foolproof recipe! I've made this for years and always get rave reviews, and comments on the creaminess of the fudge. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"Recipe sounds wonderful and I will try it, but this recipe is not Mamie Eisenhower's Million Dollar Fudge. I have a card with the original recipe that was printed in the Women's National Press Club's "Who Says We Can't Cook!" At that time copies could be purchased for two dollars plus fifteen cent postage. Lucy"
"I haven't made this yet, but I definitely plan to! To answer the first reviewer's question about using chocolate chips versus chocolate bars- chocolate chips have stabilizers in them to help them keep their shape when melted, whereas the bars don't, so that could be why the chocolate bars are used instead. Can't wait to try this!!!"