- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- CHICKEN SALAD:
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 6 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; stir in cilantro. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, red pepper, onions, carrot and 1/4 cup peanuts. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide among lettuce leaves; sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Sort By :
"This was amazing. I made this to try with the intention of adding this to our list of summer meals. Way better than PF Chang's. My son absolutely loved it, but he is not a picky eater and likes to try new things."
"Really refreshing on a hot evening. I replaced the chopped red pepper with 1 cup cooked and cooled edamame."
"Very very good! An amazing blend of flavors and textures. Have made it twice already - perfect for a light summer dinner. I substituted tahini for the sesame oil - turned out perfect."
"This was incredibly delicious! I think better than PF Chang's"
"Very disappointing taste, my wife and I ate it but this recipe won't be made by us again. As for the kids they took one bite and were done."