- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, poultry seasoning, salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and onion.
- Flatten steak to 1/2-in. thickness; spread with stuffing to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen string. Rub with remaining pepper.
- Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat and discard string. Cut into slices and keep warm. Skim fat from pan juices; pour into a small saucepan. Combine flour and broth until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with steak. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Flank Steak in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p20
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tender Stuffed Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >