- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) fat-free lemon yogurt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg whites, then egg, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice and extracts. Combine the flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with yogurt.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel until blended. Stir in apricots. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Taste-of-Summer Light Pound Cake in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p30
Reviews for Taste-of-Summer Light Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review