"My aunt and I are diabetic," remarks Bonnie Johnson of DeKalb, Illinois. "We both enjoy this yummy, fruity pie...and our friends even request this dessert when they come to visit."
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. In a large saucepan, combine cherry juice and dry pudding mix. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin powder and sweetener until dissolved. Stir in cherries; transfer to pastry shell. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tart Cherry Pie in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p16
Reviews for Tart Cherry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review