- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. In a large saucepan, combine cherry juice and dry pudding mix. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin powder and sweetener until dissolved. Stir in cherries; transfer to pastry shell. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tart Cherry Pie
Sort By :
"My husband is a Type 1 diabetic & he can enjoy it. This pie is so delicious, you'll never know that the filling is sugar-free."
"This looks and sounds delicious. but I also want to try this with blusberries,too."
"I made this recipe for the firt time to take on a camping trip. It was easy to make and totally awesome. Would definately make it again."