Tarragon Tuna Salad Recipe
It's surprising how a few herbs can brighten up tuna salad. Made with reduced-fat mayonnaise, this version from Billie Moss gets zip from mustard. "It makes a great light lunch or Sunday brunch item," she notes from El Sobrante, California.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery and onion. Combine the mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, tarragon, mustard and pepper. Stir into tuna mixture. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tarragon Tuna Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p56
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tarragon Tuna Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2012
To die for recipe! It is easily the best tuna salad we've ever had and can hold its own against any gourmet restaurant recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >