A tangy sauce, combine with green pepper and pineapple, tranforms Ruther's pre-made meatballs into a delightful main dish served over rice.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 batch of 30 meatballs (frozen or thawed)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. Add water to juice if needed to measure 1 cup; pour into a large skillet. Add 1/3 cup water, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch; stir until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly. Add the pineapple, meatballs and green pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p20
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tangy Sweet-and-Sour Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review